The other day I was happily Photoshopping away sharpening an image for a new print size when I stumbled across a small problem.
I wanted to select the part of the image so I could apply a different sharpening technique to it, I switched to the trusty Magic Wand tool and clicked on the sky. Imagine my surprise when, instead of selecting the just the white the whole image was selected.
I checked all the obvious solutions:
- Did I have the correct layer selected? – Yes
- Was the Tolerance setting ok? Yup it was set to 10
- Was the other parameters set appropriately? – Yes
- Restart Photoshop – No change
- Try a different image – No change
- Restart PC (getting desperate now) – No change
- Blame the kids – Still no change (only kidding 😀 )